- Introduces transformative new home trade-in model
- Now licensed in 10 new states with plans to launch at least 10 cities within those states by the end of 2019
- Growing team with 100+ new positions, including a Head of New Markets
On a mission to make home buying and selling simple and certain, Knock.com is announcing the launch of its revolutionary home trade-in platform, an entirely new way to buy and sell a house as easily as trading in a car.
Led by founding team members of home search giant Trulia, CEO Sean Black and COO Jamie Glenn, Knock.com is reinventing how homes are bought and sold. “The Knock home trade-in is truly transformative for consumers,” says CEO Sean Black. “Our goal is to facilitate a seamless home swap by purchasing consumers’ new homes outright with our cash and moving them in before putting their old houses on the market.”
Knock.com customers pay the same 6% commission as they typically would with a traditional broker, with half of that going to the agent representing the buyer of their home. However the trade-in saves consumers months of inconvenient repairs, showings and uncertainty, without forcing them to give up any more of their hard-earned equity. Knock.com’s all cash offer also ensures its customers get the best price on their new house, and eliminates the risk of losing it to another buyer while they wait for their old home to sell.
Knock.com helped over 2,000 consumers in its first full year in business in the Atlanta market alone. This momentum and customer validation is fueling the company’s growth and rapid market expansion. Milestones include:
- Securing licenses in 10 new states with plans to launch in at least 10 cities within those states by the end of 2019, including Charlotte, Raleigh, Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix, Chicago, Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Denver
- Added Head of New Markets Allan Ziegler who has extensive experience launching new markets for Groupon, Square and Auto1
- Growing the team with over 100 new positions to help meet demand
- Raising $33 million in a Series A financing
- Launching its first TV campaign on all major networks
Knock.com is a leader in a growing trend of the institutionalization of the $1.4 trillion of homes bought and sold in the U.S. annually. Currently there are over a million independent real estate agents selling homes with no certainty of when the home will sell or for how much. While consumers today are familiar with legacy industry brands like REMAX and Coldwell banker, high tech, high touch brands like Knock.com will fuel significant market disruption in the next 5 years as they make home buying and selling faster, cheaper, more certain and ultra convenient.
ABOUT KNOCK.COM: Knock.com (www.knock.com) is the first online home trade-in platform, a revolutionary new way to buy and sell your home that is both simple and certain. Launched by the founding team members of Trulia.com, the company uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of local licensed experts to guide consumers through every step of the process. Knock.com’s top tier investors include RRE, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The company has offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta and Charlotte with several more on the way.